College student who is going to be in HK for most of the summer

Closed Thread

College student who is going to be in HK for most of the summer

Hey guys, the name's William, I am 18, a college student who is going to be in HK for a long time this summer (from the 27th of May to the end of July/beginning of August) as I have relatives that live there,I don't have much of an agenda this summer besides taking French courses as I take it as a minor in university and am willing to improve my proficiency as well. I would like to meet some people whom I can hang out and do stuff with somewhat on a regular basis. I would also like to look into volunteer opportunities in HK but I've been told that you need to be a Hong Kong resident (which I am not) and be competent in Speaking Cantonese (which I also don't) for most of the organizations. Are there any organizations in which foreigners can volunteer in just for the summer?
    If any of you are from my age group, feel free to send me a PM I would like to meet and make new friends

However, I don't want to do things that would eat up money in a very short time, just so you know. I'm Indonesian but I would love to make local HK and foreign friends as well, and I study at the China campus of the University of Nottingham

Last edited by w1ll14m44; 26-05-2015 at 09:05 PM.

Hiya, Im a 20 year old british born chinese an im here for the same reason i am a second year university student at Northampton, if you wanna hang out some time let me know, we can do some cheap things since im low on money right now! i just landed in hk

check out meetup.com