Like Tree80Likes

Gorgeous day today eh?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by WMDS:
    Its too hot today. Just saying!
    Just spare a thought for us poor sods in the UK. Mid summer's day tomorrow and it is bloody cold, I have the heating on!

Original Post Deleted
    the hike I'm training for is in the UK. I'm so hoping it stays cool there until then. It would just be a nightmare if we end up with the same hot weather on the day! (having said that, more likely to be freezing cold AND wet which would be awful).

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Taken from a plane on approach to Chep Lap Kok? Lucky you, as the view of HK can sometimes be obscured or if flying in over the Pearl River Delta, there is often little to see except a few islands jutting out of the sea.
    Last edited by Cho-man; 22-06-2015 at 01:58 PM.

Pretty hot June weather & July seems no different

Cho-man likes this.

That photo taken in flight by East Coast reminds me. From the air, Hong Kong can look really stunning on a clear day. Amazing how looking from a few thousand feet above can hide all the ugliness of the city on ground level. But this not a post to rant about HK for a change, this is to admire the beauty of the city from the air.

Take for example this video of the approach to HK airport from the east. It beautifully captures the city on a surprisingly crystal clear day. First the plane flew over Lamma and the southern side of HK Island, then we get a view of Victoria Harbour before turning over Clear Water Bay and lining up towards the runway as it flew over Sha Tin. The 7:00-7:10 minute mark exactly duplicates the photo by East Coast above:

Last edited by Cho-man; 03-07-2015 at 10:56 PM.
    Elegiaque likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cho-man:
    That photo taken in flight by East Coast reminds me. From the air, Hong Kong can look really stunning on a clear day. Amazing how looking from a few thousand feet above can hide all the ugliness of the city on ground level. But this not a post to rant about HK for a change, this is to admire the beauty of the city from the air.

Take for example this video of the approach to HK airport from the east. It beautifully captures the city on a surprisingly crystal clear day. First the plane flew over Lamma and the southern side of HK Island, then we get a view of Victoria Harbour before turning over Clear Water Bay and lining up towards the runway as it flew over Sha Tin. The 7:00-7:10 minute mark exactly duplicates the photo by East Coast above:

Hong Kong is a beautiful city, with amazing nature and diversity. It's a land space truly worth protecting.
    Cho-man and East_coast like this.

Where better to go on a sunny day then hitting the beaches, Tai Long Wan looks splendid on a clear day:

Second gorgeous day of being back in London. Woke up at 4:30 am just as the sun was rising and walked from South Kensington past lovely parks, museums, through Hyde park into Central. Not missing the HK humidity at all!

Cho-man and HK_Katherine like this.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4