Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By skypine27

REQ: Need curtains or blinds made in central

Closed Thread

REQ: Need curtains or blinds made in central

Hello all!

I just signed a lease on a place in the Mid Levels, and the 2 x bedrooms are in need of curtains or roll down blinds. I'd like to have some thick "black out" type made (I sometimes have to sleep during the day for work).

Anyone have any made in Central? I ask in Central, because the guy/gal making them will have to come up to my flat first to measure for the rod or whatever kind of mounting set-up he will want to use.

Thanks for any tips,

T

Sandy
    Bricks and Stones
    2520-0577
    6096-9660

Used her for the last 3 flat moves, good English, decent prices.

There is a husband/wife team that have a store on Mosque St and are quite reasonable. Ken 6736 0180. We used them a couple of years ago.

Thanks for the info guys!

Ended up using Ken just because he was great for the lazy man. Called him up and he came to the flat with sample books of fabrics and did all the measuring. Im not going to say it was cheap by any means, but it was convenient and hopefully the curtains come out nice (takes about a week he said).

shri and Editor like this.

@skypine27 care to share how the curtains turned out?

Yeah can you share some photos please

Don't use Ken!

He made two right side curtains that aren't even the same size for the master. For lounge, the aircon hole is about 1/3 too small so no proper aircon flow. He still thinks he did a great job and now I need to make a claim at the small claims tribunal to get my deposit back.

Please see pictures to see for yourself how ridiculous this situation is.

my ikea made to measure ones have lasted me for 7 years in this apartment. Was gonna go get new ones made since my tastes have changed and I fancy a bit of change for a small cost.

with pictures