Sending 1-2 Boxes to UK?

Closed Thread

Sending 1-2 Boxes to UK?

Hi All,

My boyfriend and I are leaving Hong Kong and want to send some things back to the UK. Time isn't an issue, it will be mostly clothes and items we don't need right away.

Looking at FedEx and DHL, we found that it only seems to be for commercial business as far as parcels go. Moving companies also seem to be for people relocating their entire household, and we are not doing that, only taking clothing and personal items.

Would the best/cheapest be to ship through the Hong Kong Post? I've(yet) to have a bad experience with it, but I've only sent documents and small packages, not 20 kg boxes.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sachi216:
    Hi All,

My boyfriend and I are leaving Hong Kong and want to send some things back to the UK. Time isn't an issue, it will be mostly clothes and items we don't need right away.

Looking at FedEx and DHL, we found that it only seems to be for commercial business as far as parcels go. Moving companies also seem to be for people relocating their entire household, and we are not doing that, only taking clothing and personal items.

Would the best/cheapest be to ship through the Hong Kong Post? I've(yet) to have a bad experience with it, but I've only sent documents and small packages, not 20 kg boxes.

Thanks!
    cheapest should be hong post, with registered delivery and tracking code, if necessary insurance as well