Like Tree6Likes

Beginner with HK$2.000.000 - Best way to invest them in long term?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

thanks for that. very insightful thread. I wonder how the OP John is doing now.

Hi jrkob.

I have no plans to live in HK, ever. I just have these money there. Would it be of any advantages to live in HK investment vise?

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    Sounds like it's all a secret! Good luck anyway.
    Not much of a secret. Im Swedish living in Tahiland...

With 2 million in the bank account, I would just open an online investment account with the bank and buy a fixed amount of Tracker Fund (stock code 2800) per month until you use up all the 2 million. At current prices, a 2,000 share purchase is slightly less than HKD50,000 and so you will have all your money invested over 40 months.

Skierx and HK_Katherine like this.

It's best to diversify your portfolio. I would suggest you look at safe options such as putting some money in Chinese banks in shenzhen (which provide higher interest rate than hong kong obviously.) Also, Forex and Bullion trading is a good option as Chinese stocks have been shattered into pieces.

hahaha, ever heard of forex restrictions. As a foreigner on tourist visa he can change back max 500 US a day. Good luck at China banks

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

Quote Originally Posted by shparkaa:
    It's best to diversify your portfolio. I would suggest you look at safe options such as putting some money in Chinese banks in shenzhen (which provide higher interest rate than hong kong obviously.) Also, Forex and Bullion trading is a good option as Chinese stocks have been shattered into pieces.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    hahaha, ever heard of forex restrictions. As a foreigner on tourist visa he can change back max 500 US a day. Good luck at China banks

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks
    I have tried to open a bank account in SZ for another purpose, but i was refused as i didn't had a proper work permit.
    Morrison likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shparkaa:
    It's best to diversify your portfolio.
    That includes time. Don't plop your cash into asset classes all in one bash
    ZOOM likes this.

Owning the property you live in, is often a good idea - It is tax-efficient

But that may not be true when the cycle is wrong.
    I do think you should make a thorough study of Long Cycles before you invest in property.

Consider what rising rate might do to property prices