Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By threelittlepigs

Flats around 12-14k

Closed Thread

Flats around 12-14k

Have been searching through the threads here but each one seems to be quite unique so hoping you guys can help. I currently live in Sheung Wan for $10k but rent is increasing to $11,500k and I have been looking for somewhere a bit nicer/bigger. It's an old rundown building but the inside is not too bad. What's a good place to go for around 12-14k, good size over 350ft net? I keep seeing people saying about places in Kowloon with larger apartments with clubhouse etc but not sure if that would be past my price range? I have looked around quite a few places on the island side but all seem too expensive and even smaller than my current place. Thanks

Rents are going up! I mean if your rent is increasing to 11500, why don't you try to negotiate. Tell your landlord that your budget is only 10k but lets meet halfway, lets say 10750. Do you want to go through the hassle of moving?

Newer estates with large supply can typically get a bargain the first year, then for sure you need to move the 2nd year with the rent increase. Even kowloon side high rises are getting harder to find in the 12-14k range. It's more like 15-20k but I haven't looked lately. Just go to each MTR station and walk around outside, see the prices published by the agencies and have a look if it interests you.

There are many new flats in Tseung Kwan O that would meet your needs. Right on the MTR line too.

wtbhotia likes this.

I need to be reasonably close to Central and TST but it seems there's a lot of MTR changes from TKO to TST.

What do you guys think of Tsing Yi?

You may find flats around Ferry Point, Jordan in your budget and the location is great to TST and Central. It's an old district, very local and no clubhouse. Many restaurants around (good enough for locals) but you can go to Elements at Kowloon Station for nicer restaurants.

Last edited by mingming; 28-07-2015 at 11:07 PM.

Look at Lai chi Kok.

2 bedrooms around 450 sq feet for 14-15k
    Right on the tsuen Wan line and 20 minutes to Central

It is really upto you if you like Tsing Yi, with waterfront park.

There are few shops at the street level, most are inside the malls.

Quote Originally Posted by parks:
    I need to be reasonably close to Central and TST but it seems there's a lot of MTR changes from TKO to TST.

What do you guys think of Tsing Yi?

Tsing yi is a good pick. They all seem the same after awhile. You need to know what's important for your lifestyle or waste your life away in commuting to work, meet with friends, dinner, etc.