Like Tree4Likes

Another British sponger!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Jail for minibus driver who killed jaywalker | South China Morning Post

It's quite interesting that the House of Lords thing is even allowed to exist... What's it useful for ?

While these peers mutter on about introducing austerity measures toward the British working public, over their taxpayer subsidised ( approx $3.68 million USD pa @ $131USD per peer per week x 37 weeks x 760 peers ) fine dining ( lunch each day ) in either The Peer dining or The Barry Room, while 500,000+ Brits get their meals via food banks, or have to make the choice between using the heating, or buying food !.

This being the case, knowing that these peers are all millionaire, or billionaires etc, why is the British taxpayer footing what is a $72 million USD yearly bill, to fund this 'unelected' privileged group ?

This really needs to be nipped in the bud.

Last edited by Skyhook; 30-07-2015 at 10:57 AM.

So, it does happen? I didn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    It's quite interesting that the House of Lords thing is even allowed to exist... What's it useful for ?

While these peers mutter on about introducing austerity measures toward the British working public, over their taxpayer subsidised ( approx $3.68 million USD pa @ $131USD per peer per week x 37 weeks x 760 peer ) fine dining in either The Peer dining or The Barry Room, while 500,000+ Brits get their meals via food banks, or have to make the choice between using the heating or buying food !. This being the case, knowing that these peers are all millionaire, or billionaires etc, why is the British taxpayer footing what is a $72 million USD per year bill, to fund this 'unelected' privileged group ?

This really needs to be nipped in the bud.
    The funny thing is that the British people actually support these spongers, as they support those parasites known as "the royal family".

Love how the non British on this board think they know best how the British government should run and be compensated. Put your own houses in order before trying to do the same to ours....

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Love how the non British on this board think they know best how the British government should run and be compensated. Put your own houses in order before trying to do the same to ours....
    So you never comment on Hong Kong? Or on its justice system? Or on China's model of authoritarian capitalism?

Or you just don't want people to do the same with your country?

Last time I checked, the UK is still a member of the EU, right ?
    As an EU citizen I will say what I think about this subject.

It's a pretty disgusting display of indulgence toward everybody else that has to endure the affects of Government austerity measures, while this House of Lords crowd are living it large, on the public purse. And of course, you're all cool with that, Katherine ? Seriously ? It is absolutely deserving of criticism !

And whose house is out of order on a Gini coefficient point of view ? opportunity, decent pay, housing affordability, the elderly being looked after,etc etc etc or are you aiming that dig at Hong Kong ? Then o.k I'll pay that one and agree with you, LEGCO and The House of Lords, do share a lot in common in their disconnect/isolation ( lack of care or concern ) of the working poor... That much I do agree with.

Last edited by Skyhook; 30-07-2015 at 01:27 PM.

Did you even read Pin's post 3? It did rather explain it.

Its never been clear to me why anyone thinks that those who Govern the country should earn at the minimum wage level. I'd rather pay more for better quality myself given the importance of the position! All you end up with if you pay a pittance for your leaders is situations like the Philippines where they use their positions to make money instead. And sure - there are those who abuse the position - but at least these days they get found out reasonably quickly. Claiming your rightful "salary" for doing the job is not unreasonable.

David Smith likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Liked:
    So, it does happen? I didn't know.
    You seem to be quite the ignorant loud-mouth around here....
    I detect a pattern...

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    You seem to be quite the ignorant loud-mouth around here....
    I detect a pattern...
    Well, if I seem to be something, of course there is a pattern...