Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By shri
  • 1 Post By MandM!

VISA for running footballschool

Closed Thread

VISA for running footballschool

My girlfriend has left for four years to Hong Kong and I want to follow her next month.

Now I'm working on a project to set up a football school in HK. I noticed that the players in Hong Jong are technically good. Tactically, it is just very poor. I have done research for the football schools in HK and notice that there is too little emphasis herein.

Now my big question, is it possible that I receive a visa to set up a football school (with european vision) to lift the players to the next level? I studied at the Johan Cruijff University in Amsterdam (sport management).

@NielsNL - All depends on the business plan and how many locals you will end up hiring / taxes you'll end up paying.

Suggest you get in touch with InvestHK to get the basic info on how to deal with this. Technically in this case, you're an overseas investor, looking at setting up a business here.

Easier option, get married and you can do whatever you want as her dependant.

Getting that visa might take 6+ months. Or try to apply for the QMAS visa as well (I think 9-12 months). Easiest way is to get married. You could also come as a tourist and see what you can get setup but you're not supposed to do it that way, some do anyway.

NielsNL likes this.