Like Tree5Likes

Salaries: How much do I need?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

If you have never been to HK, I advise you take a holiday and come over. Try to get a feel for the place. Sample the food. Get a feel for the environment / atmosphere. Stop by a few estate agents and have a look at a few flats within your budget. Speaking of budget, flat sharing is an interesting option, otherwise I'd be looking at around 10K per month (at least) for accommodation.

Just come over, switch jobs a few times, and then you will be fine. Piece of cake!

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    The street food here is almost non-existent although there are plenty of small local places to get cheap food. But I doubt very much it's as cheap as Thailand. And the locals are nowhere near as friendly!
    There is Temple Street night market.

Name:  ImageUploadedByGeoClicks1438617583.945789.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  1.08 MB
    TheBrit likes this.

Enforcement of hygiene regulations means a lot of what was "street food" 20 years ago has now moved into small shopfronts (with corresponding increase in rents and prices) - if you mosey around the back streets, specially near long-established wet markets, there are lots of places to try out. Some of the wet markets themselves have Cooked Food zones, but I notice an increasing number of these seem to be moving from el-cheapo local "food courts" to more upmarket eateries (albeit still with shared seating areas).

Lots of small eateries in Kowloon City and Sham Shui Po areas, the food is not street but the vibe is.