Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By HK_Katherine
  • 1 Post By imparanoic

DSC (Direct Selling Center) Shutdown

Closed Thread

DSC (Direct Selling Center) Shutdown

Many of us have bought stuff from them. Reasonably priced and had a good variety.

Remains to be seen how undelivered orders will be fulfilled.

Financially distressed retailer DSC folded all its 14 stores across the city on Monday, putting about 900 employees out of a job - but details about severance arrangements were unclear.
    The seller of furniture and electrical appliances is facing lawsuits launched by landlords over unpaid rents totalling about HK$3.3 million.

and

The retailer came under the spotlight after it emerged three of its stores failed to pay rents.

A writ filed with the High Court last month revealed the MTR Corporation, owner of a Sha Tin store leased by DSC, was suing the retailer and Hui over about HK$2.28 million.

The chain store owes a total of about HK$1 million to other landlords, separate writs show.

Furniture and electric appliances retailer DSC closes down, lays off hundreds | South China Morning Post

Shame. The one in Metroplaza closed a couple of months ago - I assumed because of rent increases. It was a useful shop. Like everywhere else, Metroplaza is filling up with useless jewellery stores and fashion crap and nothing useful.

Saw this on this on the local news yesterday, it's a shame that it's closing down.

My wife and I furnished our flat from DSC about six years ago, and while cheap, it is good quality stuff.

peanuts

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

the bosses had escaped...

Original Post Deleted
    I have pretty shoddy quality stuff from there, though some are ok-ish, cheap but not cheerful, on the other hand, ikea is comparable similar price level, much better quality, cheap and definitely cheerful
    TheBrit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    I have pretty shoddy quality stuff from there, though some are ok-ish, cheap but not cheerful, on the other hand, ikea is comparable similar price level, much better quality, cheap and definitely cheerful
    even pricerite is better than DSC

Latest update

Quote Originally Posted by cykgary:
    the bosses had escaped...
    Arrested coming back from Macau:

DSC boss and wife arrested as workers, suppliers seek payments