Like Tree18Likes

RIP Color Brown Sai Kung

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by jobin:
    have read that many of such landlords are civil servants. make that 'vastly overpaid civil servants'. they live in a totally secure economic environment, make no personal financial risks, have influence over the decisions affecting their properties and could give a damn about who is paying the rent, or what the 'neighborhood' looks like. the landlords all live elsewhere, in the fancy flats.

re: color brown. i found the coffee there fair, the street venue pleasant, i don't care for dogs in restaurants (not found in starbux), but i like my hot coffee HOT and the wide cups used at color brown did not promote hot, only warm coffee. agree, sad to see it go. i did enjoy the aroma of roasting beans, smelt so real and friendly.
    Being served a warm coffee as to a piping hot one, can happen to any cafe, no matter how experienced or great you are. Out of all of the ocassions this has happened to me all over the world, the staff were fine about it when I asked to be served a hot one, Color Brown were no exception.

Regarding dogs, personally I never bring mine indoors when out in public, he's too big a dog ! I always preferred to sit outside at cafes, as I like to people watch, with the dog having a rest by my side or at my feet.

The owners of colour brown had two little dogs in the shop, is that what you were referring to ?
    Last edited by Skyhook; 05-08-2015 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwbguy:
    Am seeing quite a lot of that in the expensive areas of Causeway Bay. Many boarded up and empty shops around the Lee Theatre area, and the landlords of Perfume River Viet. resteraunt have been looking for someone to pay their huge rent for over 9 months now without success,(thank god as I like that resto a lot).
    Had a not so good experience at the restaurant 20 years ago and have never gone back. Though they have lasted so long, so some obviously like the food.

Quote Originally Posted by threelittlepigs:
    Had a not so good experience at the restaurant 20 years ago and have never gone back. Though they have lasted so long, so some obviously like the food.
    River viet is old school:it's vn food made for Hong Kong palates that's why it packs the office staff in . I always like to pretend I'm a first time to the orient tourist : don't know how to use chop sticks etc just to complete the experience of 1980s Hong Kong dining
    wtbhotia and shri like this.