Like Tree3Likes

Where to a buy a smoke alarm/detector?

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

just came back from bumps to babes. pretty easy to find. got both the smoke and co detectors. about 750 total.

hongkong7 likes this.

How about getting a heat detector alarm for a kitchen? Thanks

Which? Magazine claimed that the Fire Angel ST-622 smoke alarm was best value for money - it cost just £13 with 10 year guarantee. They may be available in Hong Kong but can be purchased via Toolstation.com if you have friends in UK willing to mail/bring them to you.

smoke alarms

250 HK dollars for a smoke alarem in Wai Ching Street, Yaumatei in a little shop devoted to smoke alarms and similar.

The Xiaomi/Honeywell ones look good for only HK$179

https://m.buy.mi.com/hk/item/3183600023

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    The Xiaomi/Honeywell ones look good for only HK$179
    What a very odd choice of branding. I wonder what the reasons where behind that.

Original Post Deleted
    I'd thought of that, but I don't think that Honeywell has any brand recognition in China, and it's far too late for it to make inroads now. All of the value home/consumer stuff that it's known for in the US are already well populated by local brands within China. Honeywell is kind of like a US-centric nostalgia brand these days.

And Xiaomi sells enough 'real' tech like phones to India/EU not to need help on something as generic as a smoke alarm.

Honeywell products (not a complete porfolio, but a good indicator of what they make for home use):

https://www.honeywellstore.com/store...l-products.htm

(Not that any of this is important, I just find this kind of thing interesting)
    Last edited by jgl; 20-11-2018 at 10:11 AM.

www.dragonfireeye.com sells smoke detectors delivered to your door for $235 each.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6