Like Tree11Likes

Harrow: HK$1000 a year rent + HK$270 m interest free loan

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Harrow: HK$1000 a year rent + HK$270 m interest free loan

[Harrow] school is being charged a nominal 1-thousand dollars in rent annually, for a site in Tuen Mun that is worth up to 1.4 billion dollars.

Legco's Finance Committee has just approved a 270-million dollar loan - interest free - for Harrow to build its campus.
    See RTHK News.

Maybe I should date the niece of one of Harrow's management company and see what deals I can get from the government. Probably none as I'm not Donald's son.

This government is corrupt.

OR the Government read all the threads about the lack of international schools in HK and decided that in order to attract another one they had to do something drastic. You can't complain about everything.

Satay Sue likes this.

Are most education sites free from land tax?

The loan sounds a little dodgy

Moving

Lack of affordable international schools, Harrow isn't exactly cheap.

It's a cracking idea isn't it. Instead of using the vast financial reserves trying to improve local schools so that people might actually want to send their children there, the children of the rich come first.

I once taught in a school toilet in Kowloon, whiteboard in front of the cubicles. That's for the masses though. The government have enough money to give Harrow virtually free land and free loans to build bloody castles of luxury. I wonder how much more the people of Hong Kong can take.

bookblogger likes this.

Moving - From the article:

Local newspapers have speculated that generous offers concerning rent and loans might have been granted under pressure from the Chief Executive, Donald Tsang, because of his son's romantic relationship with the niece of the director of Harrow's management company.
    Bow-Tie is not turning out to be the incorruptible solid guy that was once the financial secretary of HK.

clearwater bay (esf) school is WAY over subscribed. it is also difficult to get a place in Renaissance college...BUT at the big roundabout in sai kung stands an empty school. it closed years ago and has been empty since.

wouldn't it be an idea to give the school to Esf and have it open as another esf campus???

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Moving - From the article:

Bow-Tie is not turning out to be the incorruptible solid guy that was once the financial secretary of HK.
    WTF..he should be in chains by now! I guess a few croc tears on TV go a long way...

Sent from my GT-I9000 using GeoClicks Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by anothercanuck:
    ...I guess a few croc tears on TV go a long way...
    Slight misunderstanding that I feel needs addressing. Those were genuine tears alright, but not tears of guilt. He was simply pissing himself from fear of being impeached and losing his post-retirement pension (gummint '+ private').

There are several empty schools all over HK. Any of these can be used, again government incompetence.

No surprise about Harrow though. There is a lot of very well hidden corruption here, I see it in dealing with government depts every day. There will always be thing my company can't do or is prevented from doing that others can. And we're all licensed the same.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast