Like Tree1Likes

Netvigator Router Set Up

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Netvigator Router Set Up

Hi all

I have a Netvigator Wireless modem and I need to adjust some of the settings (such as the channel) However, when I go to the set up page in my browser, it asks for a login and password. I tried my Netvigator password and login and 'admin' but neither works. Anyone got any ideas what they are?

I am also wondering if anyone knows how to get uTorrent to download faster with a Netvigator wireless modem.

Last edited by AliBags; 15-11-2008 at 02:18 PM.

I don't have an answer for you, unfortunately, but I'd also like to know - in my case because I want to manage my network myself, and the Netvigator box is disagreeing with me...

If I recall correctly (having once helped a friend with a similar problem), you should have the login and password written somewhere on the modem, such as the base of the modem.

May not be so in your case...

Try user/user

netvigator does not authorize you to make ANY changes in their routers.
    if you bought your own router and added it yourself to a netvigrator connection...then thats different. But if its the router that netvigator personally broguth and installed...you are SOL...

sorry to tell u

I don't understand why anyone would use a Netvigator router when you can buy one of your own for a few hundred dollars and be confident that you are in control of your LAN. Am I missing something obvious?

well if im not mistaking the netvigator router also includes the modem, so one less box and power plug to worry about but that's about it i guess.
    But i would still prefer to get my own router, just like you said, and be in control.

yes...not to mention that netivgator charges more for their accounts that include wireless routers...cause it requires so much more from them .... lol

As octarine suggests, try user/user. The Netvigator wireless modem manual can be found here.

Thanks all - user/user worked. I was able to change the channel which is what I wanted to do. I'm having trouble connecting my wii wirelessly so wanted to see if changing the channel helped, but it didn't. Looks like I may have to buy a router.

Can anyone explain how it works? I'm a bit thick. Netvigator gave me one 'wireless' box (as did BT in the UK) Is this a modem or a router or both? Are modems and routers different things? What exactly do I need to buy, a wireless router?

Last edited by AliBags; 19-11-2008 at 09:30 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast