Like Tree2Likes

Hong Kong Credit Score - Transunion

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hong Kong Credit Score - Transunion

Has anyone used Transunion to get a credit report? How does it work and is it safe/reliable? Are there any alternatives available? Thanks

Years ago yes went into there office in gateway tst paid the fee and got the report straigt away .seems reliable as it was the one the bank used to check me from memory

Sent from my ST27i using GeoClicks mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by 8u1x0:
    Has anyone used Transunion to get a credit report? How does it work and is it safe/reliable? Are there any alternatives available?
    Transunion is the only consumer credit agency in Hong Kong. The process for getting a report on yourself (or even taking out a subscription for receiving regular reports and getting notified when there is any change or any request for a credit reference on you) is clearly described on their website, and can be done online or at their office.
    http://www.transunion.hk/personal/personal_en.html
    Last edited by Gruntfuttock; 24-04-2013 at 05:21 PM.
    HK2A430 likes this.

Is Transunion the only credit agency in Hong Kong?

And is there a way to avoid the c. HKD200 fee? It seems high compared to UK statutory credit report agency fees of GBP2 (i.e. c. HKD24) from Experian, CallCredit or Equifax.

Quote Originally Posted by dossier:
    Is Transunion the only credit agency in Hong Kong?

And is there a way to avoid the c. HKD200 fee? It seems high compared to UK statutory credit report agency fees of GBP2 (i.e. c. HKD24) from Experian, CallCredit or Equifax.
    I'll take that to be a "no" then!

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Monopoly + small population = charge what they want

dossier likes this.

I don't see why two hundred HK pesos is a big deal for a once off report.

If it's only two quid in the UK then I strongly suspect there is government intervention mandating that price, and probably a lot of taxpayer money subsidising each individual report.

Two quid doesn't get a you a coffee in London. It cannot possibly cover the costs of a credit report.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    I don't see why two hundred HK pesos is a big deal for a once off report.

If it's only two quid in the UK then I strongly suspect there is government intervention mandating that price, and probably a lot of taxpayer money subsidising each individual report.

Two quid doesn't get a you a coffee in London. It cannot possibly cover the costs of a credit report.
    I reckon that in the UK, and other places, costs are kept down in part because of volume.

To less than the price of a coffee though?

In the UK it's covered under a statutory act, so I'm pretty sure it's not down to market forces.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    To less than the price of a coffee though?

In the UK it's covered under a statutory act, so I'm pretty sure it's not down to market forces.
    Yes correct - it is a statutory requirement in the UK.

"Where to check your credit report

All three credit agencies have a statutory obligation to provide you with your credit report for £2, and you can access your report online or by asking for a written copy. Your statutory credit report shows a snapshot of your current credit history.

Callcredit (under the brand name Noddle) and ClearScore (who base their service on Equifax data) also offer free access to your credit report for life. So it may be worth just applying for this rather than paying for a statutory report.

It is often worth getting a copy of your credit report from all three credit reference agencies if you’ve not applied for it before or if you’ve not checked it for quite some time. That’s because different credit reference agencies may have credit information from different lenders (although there is quite a lot of overlap between them)."

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast