Like Tree29Likes

Slim wallet compatible with HK bills and cash-based economy?

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Ha ha - actually the hand-bag before this one WAS a Porter, but I ditched it for something else because it looked naff (even though the functionality was perfect). It just looked tacky. And I think it was the one (or very simlar to) the one in the picture !

TIP - if you are buying bellroy - buy them in Australia.

Their HK website lists prices in USD.
    The AU website lists prices in AUD.

The numbers are the same, for example "Note Sleeve" is $89.95 USD and also $89.95 AUD which when converted at today's rate is 89.95 AUD = 69.0628 USD

Came across this article about thin wallets . . . Gear Patrol

Last edited by huja; 16-02-2015 at 09:13 AM.

My recommendation would be the "slender wallet" from Louis Vuitton. It comes all their fabrics. It's pricey but its also beautiful, quality is fantastic and it will last you forever.

matchstick man likes this.

tabletop

Stumbled on this website today:
    Slim Leather Wallets by Bellroy

I think bellroy wallets are the best

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    But my usage is not planned as a "normal" wallet.. I wanted it as an insert into my ladies purse so that my high-usuage stuff can be easily extracted for hiking trips. So it's not going to live in a blokes pocket..... and anyway the shipping email I got this morning suggested it might take 6 weeks to arrive!
    So - it actually arrived really quickly - about a week after I made that post. And I have been using it for exactly as noted above, as an insert into my purse with my 4 most important cards and some cash and my ID card and my Octopus. My ID card and Octopus don't fit into the slots (because they are in their own plastic covers, and I'm not removing them) so they are loose in with the notes.

The wallet (I got the one made of the weird paper stuff) looks crap. (good job I don't care much about looks). It's VERY slim. It will fold twice into the size of a thick credit card, if I only have a few things in it, and I squeeze a lot (and it looks even more crap).

For the purpose I wanted it (as an insert, removable quickly), it's functional.

I couldn't recommend it as a stand alone wallet.
    TheBrit likes this.

Anyone have real world experience with a Belroy wallet?

I went to a shop and had a look at the Belroy range, I wasn't overly impressed in terms of how long I expected them to last..

(hoping to be proven wrong here)

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast