Like Tree759Likes

Which TV streaming box

Closed Thread
Page 208 of 239 FirstFirst ... 200 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 216 ... LastLast

If I take the plunge for the Maige box. Which is the best site to purchase from?

Upon receipt of the box, is it still advisable to do the set up using UK vpn?

Last edited by Delailuma; 01-04-2015 at 10:13 AM.

I bought mine from MaigeTV.com - Official Site and renew from them too. Good and fast customer service.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HK_or_not?:
    So the movie names now appear in English and not just Chinese?

I'm not massively techy and I've managed to confuse myself a fair bit today, looking at alternatives like VPN/Netflix, US credit cards, UnoTelly (can't get the router config to work), and now Maige.
    The interface (menus etc) is in English.

The channel program guides are mostly Chinese; maybe a quarter of the channels (the US, UK and Singapore ones) have English guides. So there is still quite a lot of random hunting in Chinese, particularly amongst in the movie channels. Upside is that channel changing is pretty fast so you can flick through almost like you would on regular TV.

The on-demand movies and TV shows have Chinese titles but you can generally work out what they are by the image. Also I have had some success with title searches in English.

Netflix vs Maige are really different products. Netflix is movies and TV shows on demand. Maige does that too, but the main game is live TV, which it does better than any other IPTV solution I have seen.
    wtbhotia and HK_or_not? like this.

Has anyone noticed that the Australia Plus channel has been down with a 404 message for several weeks? Aussie rules season starts this weekend and I am getting a little desperate... Thomas could you ask the guys at Maige about this?

bdw likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LionelHutz:
    Has anyone noticed that the Australia Plus channel has been down with a 404 message for several weeks? Aussie rules season starts this weekend and I am getting a little desperate... Thomas could you ask the guys at Maige about this?
    Australia Plus channel has never worked as far as I remember, at least ever since Australia Network gone kaput.

Perhaps you can send a "signal failure" command via Maige TV box to nudge them.

I'm also worried about missing the footy on Australia Plus. It used to work up till maybe a month or two ago but has had the maintenance logo ever since

Quote Originally Posted by Tripp:
    Australia Plus channel has never worked as far as I remember, at least ever since Australia Network gone kaput.

Perhaps you can send a "signal failure" command via Maige TV box to nudge them.
    I didn't realise you could send a signal failure command. Cool. Tried that.

I'm pretty sure Australia Plus used to work a few months ago but it seems to have been down for quite some time.

Looks like I am going to have to shell out for an AFL streaming subscription. Shame as I hear Australia Plus is going to have 6 or 7 live games every week which is a better even than free to air in Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by LionelHutz:
    I didn't realise you could send a signal failure command. Cool. Tried that.

I'm pretty sure Australia Plus used to work a few months ago but it seems to have been down for quite some time.

Looks like I am going to have to shell out for an AFL streaming subscription. Shame as I hear Australia Plus is going to have 6 or 7 live games every week which is a better even than free to air in Australia.
    Watch Live AFL Footy - Stream AFL Live Online at WatchAFL

Cheaper to subscribe to this OR get an cheap android box with subscription to Australia Plus?

In any case, you would probably need to contact Maige TV via its official website to escalate the request on the status of the channel.

i got my hd2 unlocked for all area last year after world cup and now can watch all channel in hongkong even without vpn, if i paid to upgrade to hd2s, will my machine be locked again as machine for using in hong kong zone again?