Like Tree9Likes

Advice on areas?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by Grandfastermash:
    Cyberport? Close to water, lovely view. Lots of running routes.15 minutes by bus to Central by 30X...58 takes you into Kennedy Town and then you're on the Tsuen Wan metro line. 69X takes you into CB, in about 20 minutes, VERY fast, sometimes a bit too fast for my taste. hehe. 970 to Jordan, Mong Kok, etc.

Without knowing the OPs budget, I would still second looking at areas around the new extended MTR line (this includes Pokfulam). A lot of places have become more accessible to us, with the MTR stop in HKU (we do not have to deal with going through Bonham / Caine / Hollywood road on the Mini).

A bit more expensive than some of the other areas recommended, but I've noticed an increasing number of people moving here ... (used to be lifers... but seeing a larger number of transients / younger families).

On a personal note .. I cannot deal with belair ... it is everything that Pokfulam is not supposed to be .. high density / low efficiency and too much faux gold plated shit all around.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Without knowing the OPs budget, I would still second looking at areas around the new extended MTR line (this includes Pokfulam). A lot of places have become more accessible to us, with the MTR stop in HKU (we do not have to deal with going through Bonham / Caine / Hollywood road on the Mini).

A bit more expensive than some of the other areas recommended, but I've noticed an increasing number of people moving here ... (used to be lifers... but seeing a larger number of transients / younger families).

On a personal note .. I cannot deal with belair ... it is everything that Pokfulam is not supposed to be .. high density / low efficiency and too much faux gold plated shit all around.

True about the cost. For the record, I don't live there. Could not afford to, to be honest. Just visit there some times. But have always felt it was a nice place if I ever had the coin.

As for "everything Pokfulam is not supposed to be", um I'm bad with double negatives. You mean that PFL is high density low efficiency or that Cyberport is high density low efficiency? Just wondering.

Thanks

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4