8 44.44%
  • Sliced bread

10 55.56%
Like Tree11Likes

Citibank Octopus VISA vs. Sliced Bread

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:

Bookblogger - Why are you worried about big brother watching you? Personally I don't care. I think I've worked it out... you may be a serial killer! Death by book. GRRRR
    I'm not worried, and it's not big brother... it's a commercial company and they will sell this information about you. I choose not to participate.

Reopening this thread: I have a Citibank Octopus VISA credit card, but what happens when the credit card eventually expires and is replaced? I presume the "Octopus" component of the card is specific to the card and therefore continues to function after the credit card expires.

Presumably I would just have to use up the prepaid balance / offload the balance on the card, but is it the same as transferring to a new Octopus card (i.e. different Octopus number, requirement to reapply AAVS etc.)? Or does something more automated happen?

Sorry if this is a bit daft, but I wasn't able to get a clear answer from the Citibank customer services line about what happens on expiration of the credit card, with regards to the Octopus embedded in the card.

Wow, a lot of Octopus related posts from you today!

To somewhat answer your question, the credit card company should automatically transfer the AAVS to your replacement credit card (at least thats been my experience with HSBC).

Thanks - yes - just housekeeping a few issues

Old thread I know but hoping someone will answer me. I just signed up for the Citibank Octopus Platinum Card. Do I actually physically use this card to swipe onto the MTR or do I still need to use my Octopus card and it just auto-reloads?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lukestedman29:
    ...Do I actually physically use this card to swipe onto the MTR...
    Thanks
    yes
    shri likes this.

But if your credit is auto-topped up and you lose the Octopus cc what protection is there until you discover and report the loss?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4