Like Tree12Likes

Working in China with Home Return Permit

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jaykay:
    Try again. Not true.
    Working in China – Travel guide at Wikivoyage

Don't accuse me of false stuff, you liar, i got proof with that website. I trust this with all my life. It is all 100% proven facts. Read it your self, idiot

Quote Originally Posted by uriengill:
    i got proof with that website.
    If you search the internet you can also find proof that the moon landing never happened and 911 was done by the CIA.

Wikivoyage
    Wikivoyage is a free web-based travel guide for travel destinations and travel topics written by volunteer authors
    Must be true if it is on wiki.

Working in China – Travel guide at Wikivoyage

Don't accuse me of false stuff, you liar, i got proof with that website. I trust this with all my life. It is all 100% proven facts. Read it your self, idiot
    100% proven facts? Idiot?

Hmm. I've employed HK'ers for full time positions in China so very aware of the paperwork required. Have you?

And the full quote from your Wiki reference:

Citizens of Hong Kong and Macau who hold a valid Home Return Permit (回乡证) can visit China, but there are restrictions and they cannot live and work in mainland China indefinitely. The Home Return Permits are issued mainly to ethnic Chinese. Permanent residents of Hong Kong and Macau are still considered to be foreigners in mainland China and are required to obtain a residence permit to live and work in the mainland.
    Claire ex-ax and dossier like this.

A permanent HK friend of my applied for a Working Permit & Visa(i guess) since we both went to the hospital at the same time to take our Medical Certificate which is needed. He said his company want's everything to be legal so even though he can freely travel back & forth from HK to Ch they still applied for a work permit.

Other HK guys also work with me here in ch w/o work permit or Visa but they have to limit their stay to not more than. 180 days otherwise they will have to pay tax in china.

Last edited by mengfei; 27-05-2015 at 05:40 PM.
    wtbhotia likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mengfei:
    Other HK guys also work with me here in ch w/o work permit or Visa but they have to limit their stay to not more than. 180 days otherwise they will have to pay tax in china.
    I played this game in one of my past jobs, going up and down to SZ daily on a passport, boy did the passport fill up fast LOL, some of the other HK staff played the same game but on their Home return permit.

Just dont go over the 180 day mark.

A work permit is req.
    Issued by local bureau of labour.
    Ages ago it was a separate book
    Dont think it is anything they put into your passport now, esp. since HK passport is no good for entering.
    So probably some wish

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

Beijing Office - Working and Education

Working & Education

Working

Overview

Category of employment for Hong Kong residents in the Mainland

In general, there are three types of employment arrangements for Hong Kong residents working in the Mainland:
    1.Hong Kong residents directly employed by the Mainland employers with whom the Mainland employers should enter into employment contracts;
    2.Hong Kong residents who run self employed businesses in the Mainland;
    3.Hong Kong residents assigned by foreign entities or entities incorporated in Taiwan, Macao or Hong Kong to work in the Mainland. In such cases, there is no need for the individual to establish a labor relationship with the entity receiving the individual in the Mainland, but the foreign entity which sends the individual shall issue the proof of assignment and sign secondment agreement with the local receiving entity.

For those who have established labor relations with a foreign entity or with an entity in Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macao, and have been assigned to the Mainland for less than three months, they will not be required to apply for a Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macao Expatriates Work Permit (hereinafter referred to as "Work Permit"). For those who have been assigned to the Mainland with an accumulated period exceeding three months within one year, a Work Permit is required as in the case of direct employment.

Things to note for working in the Mainland

Hong Kong residents can seek job opportunities through different channels, for instance, by personal referral, through recruitment website or employment agency.

For Hong Kong residents working in Beijing, the following points should be taken into consideration:
    Pursuant to the Regulations on Employment of Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macao Residents in the Mainland of China (hereinafter referred to as "Employment Regulations"), the employer in the Mainland could hire or accept assigned Hong Kong residents who meet the following conditions: 1.Aged between 18 to 60 (an investor that directly participates in business operations or persons with specific technical expertise needed in the Mainland may be aged 60 or above);
    2.In good health;
    3.Have valid travel documents (including the Home Visit Permit of Hong Kong and Macao residents and other valid documents issued by competent authorities in the Mainland);
    4.Have required qualifications as prescribed by relevant regulations if the person is engaged in any of the prescribed profession.

Work permit: According to the Employment Regulations, Hong Kong residents should apply for a work permit when they work in the Mainland.Terms of employment contract: When signing an employment contract with an employer in Beijing, Hong Kong residents should have a clear understanding of detailed terms of the contract, including the period of the contract; scope and location of work; constitution and standards of compensation, as well as method and timing of wage payments; bonus system (if applicable); work time and holiday, conditions for contract termination, period of probation, etc. so as to protect the employees' rights and interests. Calculation of salary, overtime payment and other kinds of living subsidy (if applicable) and related settlement should be clearly stated in the contract, instead of as a verbal promise.
    Social security and commercial insurance: When working in the Mainland, Hong Kong residents should know whether employers will bear the cost of enrolling them in social security and purchasing commercial insurance.
    Housing welfare: Hong Kong residents should take into consideration whether an employer will provide accommodation or rental subsidy and in the case of the former, the environment, transportation and security condition of the surrounding area of the accommodation.

I suppose on the plus side, at least on a HRP you can live in the Mainland, and don't have to leave after redundancy.

• Citizens of Hong Kong and Macau who hold a valid Home Return Permit (回乡证) can live and work in China indefinitely for the duration of their permit's validity. These are issued mainly to ethnic Chinese. Permanent residents of Hong Kong and Macau are still considered to be foreigners in mainland China and are required to obtain a residence permit to live and work in the mainland.

https://en.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Working_in_China
    Last edited by uriengill; 14-01-2016 at 06:42 AM.